Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Médecins Sans Frontières - Artsen Zonder Grenzen
Site web : https://www.msf.be
Lieu de l'emploi : Brussels /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée indéterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Secrétariat
Date de publication : 10/01/2024
Date limite : 29/01/2024
Education & Experience
- Higher education diploma is mandatory
- Master’s degree in the field of Administration, HR and/or Finance is a strong asset
- 2 years of professional experience in administrative and financial management required
- Previous experience in an NGO is an asset
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Strong ability to multitask, and prioritize
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Highly flexible and autonomous
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- High planning and organizational skills
- Quick learner
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French
- Other commonly used languages in MSF (Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese) are a strong asset
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Operations Department Assistant (m/f/x) – Brussels – MSF Belgium
The Operation Department of MSF – Operational Center Brussels (OCB) supports the humanitarian action in our interventions, executed by Missions and Field Projects. It focuses its interventions on settings with excess morbidity, mortality, and acute suffering.
The OPS Department consists of 8 managerial and technical teams called Cells or Regional Support Teams (RST), each in charge of a portfolio of countries and 1 Emergency Team (E-Pool) for the management of intense emergency interventions.
As the Operations Department Assistant, you act as a liaison between the executive team (Directors of Operations/Support Management Ops) and the other OCB HQ departments for HQ administrative, Human Resources and finance management matters to ensure the smooth running of the Ops department, the registration of missions, and the practical aspects in the planning of Ops events.
You independently complete a variety of administrative/HR and finance tasks and proactively identify, solve issue, and delegate tasks. You work in collaboration and synergy with the Ops Information and Management Knowledge team (the manager and the support officer of Ops IKM) for all tasks related to operation department document and information management.
Administrative and HR Management support
You are the focal point for all administrative and HR-related questions at Department’s level
- Ensure administrative processes are respected for Department’s HR:
- Prior to the opening: ensure the job description matches the desired profile, the administrative status is correctly chosen,
- Manage job openings for Brussels-based people, centralize the applications, follow up with the applications, and liaise with candidates until recruitment
- Schedule interviews as well as job assessments
- Organize recruited candidate’s arrival, and ensure that the necessary documents are completed
- Ensure the induction and onboarding of recruited candidates
- In collaboration with the units/cells and the headquarters administration, participate in the recruitment process and follow up of interns and consultants
- Follow up with the employee contracts (start / end dates, contract modification), in collaboration with the HQ administration department
- Update the department organigram and contact lists on the department’s platforms
- Ensure availability of stock of office equipment, photocopiers, etc.
- Organize departments meeting, teleconferences and videoconferences upon request
Financial management support
You are the point of contact for finance at Department’s level
- Participate in the launch the budgeting exercise of the Department, and support in presenting it during the Budget arbitrage in close collaboration with the Ops Management Support
- Manage the department's daily accounting: provide info, verify budget encoding, ensure invoices follow-up
Document registrations and legalizations for missions
- Ensure a smooth process with regards to document registrations and legal processes in collaboration with the HR Officers and the HR Coordinators of the missions
- Follow up with translation and the legal documents for the Ops department
Responsible of the practical organization of Ops events
- Manage all practical aspects of the major events of the department in collaboration with the Support Management Ops (Ops / Meds week, Annual / Multiyear Review of Operations, and other workshops). The tasks involve: booking hotels, plane tickets and travel arrangements, catering, monitoring technical as well as logistics questions and budgeting.
- Organize the team building of the department
- Participate in the organization of non-ops events for staff
- Organize and archive final documents; If necessary, take the minutes of the various meetings
- Participate in assistants’ meetings to ensure the proper administrative functioning of the HQ: internal procedures, preparation of collective departments events
- Assist the Directors of Operations in the organization of certain tasks: meetings, agenda, accommodation and travel reservation
- Expected starting date: As soon as possible
- Contract type: Open-ended contract – Full-time
- Location: Brussels (Belgium)
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid
- Meal Vouchers – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 29th of January 2024
How to apply?
Please send your CV and cover letter to Recruit-HQ-Operations@brussels.msf.org and mention “Operations Department Assistant” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.