Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Médecins Sans Frontières - Artsen Zonder Grenzen
Site web : https://www.msf.be
Lieu de l'emploi : Brussels /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée indéterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Gestion financière
Date de publication : 07/11/2023
Date limite : 30/11/2023
Education and Experience
- Masters in finance or economics or MBA
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Senior Finance management position (CFO), preferably in an international company/organisation and settings
- Field and operational finance experience in MSF or another humanitarian organization is an added value
- Analytical and strategic thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, and improving complex work processes and set-ups
- Strong ability to adapt to different context, people and environment
- Demonstrate problem-solving aptitude, creativity and initiative
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) at various levels, for often non-experts (pedagogical skills)
- Strong ability to lead and organise teamwork, promoting trust and enthusiasm
- Capacity to negotiate with different internal and external stakeholders
- Strong resistance to stress and ability to set priorities
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is an asset - Cross-cultural awareness
- Strong humanitarian commitment and interest; motivation to work with MSF and available to travel
- Proficient level in English and French, both oral and written is mandatory
- Other commonly used languages in MSF (Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese) are an asset
The Operational Center Brussels of Médecins Sans Frontières (OCB) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated professional to fill the position of Finance Director.
The mission of MSF Belgium Finance Department is to provide, through collaboration and partnership, expertise that promotes and supports the ongoing sustainability of MSF.
We do so by:
- Providing financial information recognised as 'one single source of truth', information provided are transparent, of high quality and produced in a timely manner.
- Producing reliable forecasts and multi-year financial projections.
- Managing compliance to regulations and to local requirements in the missions by providing guidance and/or by acting in HQ to ease work.
- Supporting Operations in their respective environment to reduce risks linked to the use of resources by suggesting appropriate mitigation measures.
MSF OCB (Operational Centre Brussels) currently manages projects in 45 countries and spends over 440M€ on an annual basis.
As Finance Director, you play a key role in the financial management of the organization, being responsible for ensuring the financial transparency and sustainability of MSF OCB, and thereby actively contribute to the social mission of the organization.
You are a member of the Management Team and will be supported by a Deputy Finance Director in the management of the Finance department. You will also play a key role at international level, through your participation in the international Finance Directors platform.
- Overall Financial Management: ensure effective oversight and management of all financial operations of MSF OCB, ensuring compliance with internal and external financial policies and regulations.
- Strategic Financial Planning: develop and implement mid- and long-term financial strategies that support the organization’s growth and development goals, in close collaboration with the Management Team and the international finance platforms.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: prepare and present regular financial reports, including detailed analyses of the current financial situation, budgets, forecasts, scenario planning, and recommendations for maintaining a sound financial trajectory to the budget committee and to the Board.
- Leadership and Team Management: lead and coordinate a highly performing financial team of 41 FTEs organized into 6 units in Head Quarters (General Accounting, Field accounting, HQ planning & controlling, Operational Finance, Funding, Finance Applications Support). Ensure the functional leadership of over 400 finance professionals working in the field and in operations managed by MSF OCB.
- Cash Management: closely monitor cash, liquidity and cash flows to ensure the availability of funds necessary for the effective implementation of operations and HQ projects, and the long-term financial sustainability of the organization.
- Financial Operations: ensure that financial operations are effective in terms of transfers to the field and payments, support the team in finding solutions for finances in complex field situations where normal transfers are no longer possible.
- Financial Risk Management: identify and assess potential financial risks and implement risk management strategies to mitigate negative impacts on the organization’s operations.
- Financial Compliance: ensure that the financial statements give an accurate view of the financial position of MSF Belgium/OCB, ensure accurate preparation and timely submission of requested financial reports to the authorities and to donors.
- Financial governance: provide strategic advice to the management team and the board on financial matters and ensure the implementation of sound and transparent financial governance practices.
- Financial Partnerships: establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external financial partners, including partner sections within the MSF Movement, the other Operational Centers of the MSF Movement, the International Office of MSF, MSF Supply, financial institutions, external auditors, donors …
- Expected starting date: 1st March 2024
- Location: Brussels (Belgium)
- Type of contract: Open-ended contract with 4 years mandate (extendable for max. 2 more years) – Full-time
- Salary according to OCB HQ salary grid
- Meal Vouchers - Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, and Empowerment.
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 30/11/2023
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “DIRFIN” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.