Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : INTERSOS - Organizzazione Umanitaria Onlus
Site web : https://www.intersos.org/en
Lieu de l'emploi : Juba 80% Field 20% /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Coordination
Date de publication : 09/07/2019
Date limite : 23/07/2019
- Master Degree in Administration
- At least 2 years professional experience in similar position
- Knowledge of UN administrative procedures (UNHCR, OCHA, Unicef, WFP) and other major donors (ECHO, AICS, OFDA)
- Experience in humanitarian assistance;
- Strong experience in training, managing and monitoring the local administrative and logistics staff;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office) with advanced skills in excel;
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Capacity to work in volatile security environment and to adapt to basic living conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “SR-41-1064 - Country Finance Coordinator - South Sudan”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Finance Coordinator - South Sudan
Duty station: Juba 80% Field 20%
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: Regional Finance Officer
General context of the project
The Country Finance Coordinator (CFC) is responsible for the proper technical implementation of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, s/he ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization’s procedures and the Regional Finance Officer’s technical directions.
Ensure that INTERSOS is a Responsible employer supporting the proper management of HR across the board and assuming full responsibility of the HR Administrative issues.
General purpose of the position
The CFC is responsible for the proper accounting and administration of funds, under the technical supervision of the Regional Finance Officer and the hierarchical supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM).
Main responsibilities and tasks
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both, the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission;
- To manage the bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly bank statements and bank reconciliations;
- To update monthly the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer;
- To update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota);
- To provide on a weekly basis the updated economic and financial data (PN) to the Programme Managers and the Head of Mission;
Budget preparation and control:
- To provide support to the Head of Mission in the drafting of new projects;
- To regularly check, in collaboration with the Programme Managers and Head of Mission, the economic-financial performance of projects: final balance, expenditure excess, expenditure projections, and financial forecast;
- To ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with INTERSOS and donors rules and regulations, and support annual auditing procedures;
- To prepare and verify, in cooperation with the Head of Mission, the trend of the general coordination's budget;
- To monitor the sustainability of coordination's office and verify the correct distribution/allocation of the general coordination costs to the projects; to monitor the coordination and projects’ non-deductible costs;
Financial reporting and audit:
- To prepare the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Administrator);
- To prepare and carry out the audits conducted in the country, and for the transmission to the central headquarters of all project documents to be audited in Italy;
- To ensure the correct filing of all projects’ data;
- To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS and donors procedures;
Local staff management
- To train and supervise local administrative and logistics staff in coordination with the Head of Mission in Juba and in the field offices.
- To manage the local personnel register, subdivided by project;
- To supervise and monitor staff contracts preparation;
- To supervise and monitor the preparation of payslips and monthly payment of salaries and ensure compliance with national labour laws, including deduction and payment of salary tax;
- To contribute to the preparation of the salary scale;
Asset management and logistics
- To update inventory records pertaining to INTERSOS assets and verify the accuracy of the supporting documentation;
- To update the list of reliable local suppliers, as directed by the Head of Mission, for subsequent use in specific procedures;
- To verify the correct application of the organization’s or donor's procedures in relation to purchases and goods management;
- Other tasks as assigned.