Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Médecins du Monde France
Site web : http://www.jobs.net/j/JtZdbWFl?idpartenaire=128
Lieu de l'emploi : Gaza /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Mission terrain
Date de publication : 20/02/2024
Date limite : 20/05/2024
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Psychiatrist or Clinical Psychologist
- Complementary training relevant to MHPSS humanitarian programs, gender, gender-based violence, child protection, etc.
- Project management training
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar role in humanitarian programs
- Experience with a range of psychotherapeutic methods/approaches, experience adapting them to different contexts and cultures
- Experience providing support to people experiencing trauma
- Experience in emergencies, including contexts of armed conflict
- Experience in training and supervision of MHPSS staff and capacity building for health teams, at PHCC and/or community programs
- Supportive management style and ability to manage remotely when needed
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office
- Independence, ability to take initiative and responsibility
- Ability to work under stressful situations
- Good analytical skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills in day to day and crisis situations
- Ability to plan, organize, priorities and meet deadlines
- Listening and diplomacy skills
- Languages: fluent in English and Arabic is mandatory (oral and written)
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
According to UNRWA, nearly 1.9 million people in Gaza, or nearly 85 percent of the population, are estimated to be internally displaced, including people who have been displaced multiple times.
It is worth mentioning that the acute shortage of fuel and electricity is seriously affecting the most critical functions of all hospitals and the response capacity of ambulances. Depletion of fuel endangers the lives of patients in intensive care, those who need surgery or neonatal incubators. The two main hospitals in southern Gaza are operating at three times their capacity, while facing severe shortages of basic supplies and fuel. According to the Ministry of Health in Gaza, the occupancy rate now reaches 206% in hospital wards and 250% in intensive care units. In addition, these hospitals house thousands of displaced people.
In addition, continued bombing and destruction have seriously affected the infrastructure of the Gaza Strip and hampered ambulance access to the injured (76 ambulances were affected), as well as access for people of concern. to health services.
MdM-France is currently carrying out an emergency response in Gaza. The team already present on the field needs to be supported by an emergency team in order to frame and reinforce the coordination of the activities on the field.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Emergency and Health coordinators and in the context of the humanitarian emergency in Gaza, the responsabilities Emergency MHPSS supervisor are the following:
- Support technically other psychologists in the team
- Contribute to data collection and reporting
- Contribute to the development of technical material.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 3 weeks rotation
- Starting date: as soon as expatriates will be able to enter Gaza
- Duration: 3 weeks rotations minimum
- Gross monthly salary: €3,119
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 recovery days per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.