Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Coopération Technique Belge
Site web : http://www.btcctb.org
Adresse email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Lieu de l'emploi : Kampala (Uganda) with regular field visits /
Fichier : en_tdr-uga-15-031-1-intervention_managerintern.pedagogyteacher_educ_expert.pdf
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Gestion de projet
Date de publication : 22/09/2016
Date limite : 15/10/2016
Qualifications and required experience
- University degree (minimum Master level) in Education;
- At least 10 years of experience in teacher education and pedagogy;
- Proven relevant experience in leading a team of professionals, in supervising staff and in coaching co-workers;
- Managed similar international cooperation projects;
- Proven and extensive experience in teacher training and coaching of professionals;
- Experience in preparing reports and other administrative and technical documents ;
- Experience in ICT competency frameworks and Technology for Education would be an asset;
- Proven experience in implementing cross-cutting themes such as gender, HIV/AIDS and environment would be an asset.
- Good communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Clear and concise writing skills;
- Fluency in English.
Location: Kampala (Uganda) with regular field visits
Duration of the contract: 48 months
Probable starting date: as soon as possible
Monthly salary package: between 5.633,37 euro and 7.980,52 euro (this includes the gross monthly salary and the expat benefits: hardship allowance and expat allowance). The salary is calculated, depending on the composition of the family and the number of years of relevant experience.
This project aims at strengthening professional competencies of teacher trainers and future teachers graduating from the National Teachers’ Colleges of Kabale and Mubende through organisational development; rehabilitation and extension of existing infrastructure; and capacity development for teacher training by introducing learner-centred methodologies and by examining strategies to promote the use of ICT in order to improve the quality of learning.Teacher education is one of the key strategic priorities of the Education Sector in Uganda. Particular attention is given to the 5 National Teacher Colleges (NTCs), responsible for training ‘S1-S4’ secondary school teachers. Belgium has provided support to Teacher Education since 2011 through the Teacher Training and Education (TTE) project and more recently through the Kaliro and Muni projects.
This intervention will consolidate and complement the achievements of the NTC Kabale and Mubende to date. The specific objective aims at strengthening the capacity and competence of NTC Kabale and Mubende in producing competent teachers through effective use of acquired management and pedagogical competencies and proper use of infrastructure and facilities. This will include the elaboration and completion of the NTCs’ Strategic Plans (result 1), further development and (partial) implementation of the infrastructure master plan (result 2), and support to the professional development of teacher trainers, teachers and education managers (result 3). The intervention is aligned to relevant strategic plans of the Government of Uganda at the national/sector and NTC levels.
The Intervention Manager (IM) and International Pedagogy & Teacher Education Expert (TT) Expert will be recruited by BTC and presented to the MoESTS (Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Sports) S/he will be one of the members of the PMC (programme management committee) and PMT (project management team), and will work on a full-time basis in coordination with the programme and Intervention Change Managers and the Programme Manager.
The IM will report to the Programme Steering Committee (PSC) and will ensure that the members are well informed of programme progress and adequately supplied with sufficient information to carry out their decision-making responsibilities. The project will support the Programme and Intervention Change Manager in feed back to the MoESTS any changes in policy or direction that the PSC may wish to carry out within the Programme and project framework. Together with the Intervention Change Manager, s/he is the final person responsible for the progress and quality of the intervention.
As intervention manager:
- Ensure that the strategy of the project is consistent with the Education Programme and implemented in a technically sound manner ;
- Coach and supervise the work of Project Team members ;
- Oversees the planning and preparation phase of all components of the Project ;
- Develops - and revise if necessary - ToR for all local staff, and ensures proper recruitment of the local staff ;
- Organises, coordinates and supervises the implementation of project activities in accordance with the approved project work plans ;
- Supervises financial management, accounting and timely compilation of quarterly progress reports and budgeted work plans of the project for the following period for consideration by the PSC ;
- Contributes to the project final report at the end of the intervention ;
- Is responsible for regular communication with BTC on the management and supervision of Project implementation ;
- Ensures the capturing and integration of lessons learnt and experience drawn in the implementation of project activities ;
- He/she is an authorised account-holder for the accounts.
As technical expert for pedagogy and teacher training (TT)
- Oversee the planning and preparation phase of the pedagogical component of the project in the different institutions ;
- Provide direct technical support to all activities and brings a key contribution to the promotion of learner-centred education and active learning methodologies;
- Coach and follow-up the project field officers on pedagogical matters ;
- Makes sure the strategy of the project is consistent and ensures a technically sound implementation of the project activities under result 3 ;
- Ensure that national and international sector specialists supporting the improvement of teaching and learning are recruited on time, properly briefed and prepared for their assignment ;
- Organise, coordinate and supervise the implementation of pedagogical activities in accordance with the approved project work plans in all NTCs in Kaliro, Muni, Kabale and Mubene ;
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on the implementation of project activities at the level of the central government, in particular the TIET department, to strengthen their technical capacities and to support the institutional development according to agreed work plan.
- Work in close coordination with the project infrastructure experts on pedagogical aspects of activities focusing on construction and asset management/maintenance.
- Work in close coordination with the ID who will take direct responsibility for result 1.
- Ensures coordination and exchange of experiences between the project and other related interventions and activities;