Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Handicap International Belgium
Site web : https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/fr/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=3056&idpartenaire=142
Lieu de l'emploi : Kampala /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Gestion de projet
Date de publication : 26/12/2018
Date limite : 07/02/2019
· You hold a degree in project management or monitoring & evaluation
· A Master’s degree in public health, nursing, midwifery is relevant
· You have at least 5 years of experience in team management and project coordination
· You have relevant experience on Disability, Gender, Age, in SHHR or in disability inclusive health
· You master Project management cycle, Reporting and Communication activities
· You have prior experience in Management; a good oral and written communication
· You have advanced writing capacities in English; French is an asset
· You are an excellent team worker, you have a special ease at collaborative work and for participatory approaches
Place: UGANDA (Kampala)
Length: 33 months
Starting date: February, 1st 2019
Closing date for applications: January, 10th 2019
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in more than 55 countries; for further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
Between 2009 and 2013, Handicap International was present in Uganda implementing Mine Risk Education activities. These activities concluded in 2013 when Uganda was declared free of mines in 2012.
In October 2017, HI launched its new programme directed at the refugee response in Arua District, West Nile region. HI is currently implementing psychosocial support services, community-based rehabilitation, protection of persons with specific needs, and disability inclusion.
HI is now expanding its rehabilitation project under BPRM funding from September 2018, in consortia with Medical Teams International (MTI) to cover all three settlements in Arua District (Omugo, Imvepi and Rhino). These actions comprise the four components of HI’s Uganda Refugee Response Strategy.
The current activities are limited to Arua District, HI intends to expand the scope to other refugee areas including other districts in Northern Uganda hosting South Sudanese refugee populations, and the Congolese refugee sites in Western Uganda.
HI’s Head Office is in Kampala, and field operations are based in the office in Arua Town. In May, HI will set-up a deep field station in Omugo settlement were field staff will reside and operate.
THE PROJECT: The Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (Lot) 2 Access, Choice, Together, Innovation and Ownership, Now (WISH2ACTION) is a comprehensive and integrated approach to delivering family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). It prioritizes the most underserved women and girls, particularly youth under 20, the very poor, and marginalized populations (including people with disabilities, displaced populations or those affected by humanitarian crisis, and people living in hard-to-reach areas). HI is an implementing partner in the WISH2ACTION project consortium and will be responsible for disability inclusion across six of the project’s 16 countries of implementation (Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Pakistan and Burundi). WISH2ACTION is a commercial contract from DFID that brings together six internationally recognized leading organizations: HI, Marie Stopes International, OPTIONS, IRC and DMI along with 11 IPPF Member Associations.
As WISH Project Coordinator, your objectives are the following:
· To allow optimum quality and impact of HI’s actions, compliance with methodological frameworks/project cycle.
· To ensure the overall coordination between HI-WISH2ACTION country-based teams
· To ensure respect of operational commitments by all countries and regular exchange of practices
Your general mission is to coordinate implementation of WISH2ACTION project strategies on disability inclusive Sexual Reproductive Health and Right (iSRHR) and support project management teams in the 6 HI implementation countries.
In this framework, your main duties are:
· Project management
· Design the coordination systems with the WISH technical Manager
· Technical communication, Advocacy and policy influence
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
· English and French are working languages
· Starting date : February, 1st 2019
· Length of the contract: 33 months
· Employee status, according to experience :
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem :467 € net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 1 day per month
- Status : this position is open to couples and/or families
- Housing : Individual taken in charge by HI