Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Médecins du monde France
Site web : http://www.jobs.net/j/JlAkaPDt?idpartenaire=220
Lieu de l'emploi : Maiduguri /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Coordination
Date de publication : 24/01/2023
Date limite : 23/04/2023
Medical, public health, GBV and/or nutrition background
At least 5 years of experience in a similar position
Experience with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, managing programmes within the health sector
Languages: English is mandatory and knowledge of French or of country languages such as Hausa would be an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri, a field office in Maiduguri city, a sub office in Damboa and a liaison office in Abuja. The team is around 6 expatriates and 250 national staffs.
For now, MdM is running directly 3 clinics in Maiduguri in informal IDP camps. In Damboa, a field team has been in place since June 2017 where MdM is running 2 fixed clinics in 2 IDP camps (also for host population). In addition, MdM Damboa medical team is semi-remotely supporting 2 health posts (Ministry of Health) outside Damboa town.
Until recently MdM’s intervention was pretty much emergency oriented, with 5 MdM runned clinics plus an emergency response team (ERT) for rapid response to sudden population displacements and cholera outbreaks. Currently the mission is shifting its logic of intervention towards a Nexus approach: ERT team doesn’t exist anymore and we are slowly shifting from substitution programming (MdM clinics) to the support to State MoH health facilities in a bid to foster sustainability.
At the same time, 2 needs assessments have been conducted by MdM teams in Zamfara State in 2021 and even though we are not planning to be operational in this area in the coming months, we keep a close eye to the developments in this region and start to work on our access strategy. This could lead to a scale-up in MdM’s humanitarian operations.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are in charge of programs and directly overseeing the implementation of MdM Nigeria projects activities and ensuring the overall quality and technical guidance of its programming.
You supervise directly the pharmacy coordinator, the meal advisor, the grants officer, the communication and advocacy and technical advisors. You work in collaboration with the medical referent at HQ.
Your main responsibilities are:
Context analysis and assessment/mapping
• Be responsible for the overall supervision of the health and nutrition projects
• Inform about any specific situation/onset which could lead to an MdM response or adjustment of the operational approach
• Provide monthly updates on the humanitarian situation
• Be proactive in suggesting new assessments, exploration of new potential areas for intervention and new programmatic developments
• In case of deterioration of the humanitarian & epidemiological situation, coordinate the organization of ad-hoc needs assessment as well as the deployment of the MdM team
• Lead the development of a transitional strategy to shift from MdM run clinics to the support of public health sector and facilities in Borno
• Lead the development of the general strategy on MdM medical activities
• Make sure the different components of the program are consistent and perfectly integrated and in link with population needs
• Support the team in the identification of partners, development of healthy partnerships, as well as capacity building
• Ensure that the implementation of the program is in line with MdM commitments
• Support the pharmacy team for availability of quality drugs
• Ensure proper implementation of programs and their follow-up in different aspects
• Ensure accurate budget control and overall responsibility for financial management of the program
• Monitor expenditures and budget compliance
• Ensure the identification of funding opportunities
• Ensure the coherence between mission's strategy and funding opportunities
• Coordinate the writing of programmatic sections on donor proposals
• Ensure the quality of program sections in donors' reports
• Ensure smooth communication and collaboration with partners when included in consortium
• Take part in negotiation and discussion related to programmatic decisions with donors
• Support the regular update of donor mapping
• Lead the identifying and appraisal of new funding opportunities
• Ensure the recruitment of the team, build capacities and develop individual action plans
• Pilot the nationalization process of key staffs and develop a culture of empowerment
Monitoring and evaluation
• Ensure that SMART indicators are defined and make sure that all needed data of the program are well collected and integrated in MdM monitoring tool
• Ensure that a clear and solid M&E framework is in place
• Contribute to the preparation of the monthly MdM situation report
• Participate in the writing of donor’s activity reports and proposals
Meetings, coordination and representation
• Organize meetings with the program team and ensure definition of clear action plans
• Actively participate in MdM coordination meetings and other ad hoc meetings
• Proactively lead on external coordination with other health actors and actively build relations and establish information sharing channels
• Make sure that communities understand MdM intervention, as well as their inclusion in the development of MdM strategy in Borno, and make sure that accountability mechanisms are in place
• Develop constructive collaboration with authorities
• Work in close collaboration with SMoH and other relevant local health authorities for smooth transition of MdM clinics to identified SMoH run public health facilities
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 940 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO