Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Handicap International Belgium
Site web : http://www.jobs.net/j/JVKAexTw?idpartenaire=142
Lieu de l'emploi : Addis Ababa /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Gestion de projet
Date de publication : 03/12/2019
Date limite : 06/01/2020
- You hold a master degree or higher in human rights, disability studies, politicial sciences or international development
- You have at least 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in supporting civil society and governance field
- You have experience of training and coaching required
- You have experience in working in partnership, mobilization and animation of networks
- You have strategic and analytic capabilities
- You have advanced writing capacities in English and French
- You are an excellent team worker with the ability to create dynamic and very positive working relations with high level of mutual confidence and solidarity
- You show positive and constructive personality, very composed and solution oriented
- You demonstrate flexibility and ability to travel frequently
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
With a large domestic market and promising economic prospects (9% growth in 2014), Ethiopia has the potential to become a regional economic powerhouse, with agriculture and services as the main sectors of activity.
HI has been operating in Ethiopia since 1986 and has implemented projects in the area of physical rehabilitation, mine risk education, community based rehabilitation, food security, HIV and AIDS, capacity building of local associations of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs), inclusive education, inclusive employment, Child protection, GBV prevention, protection/assistance to refugees/IDPs.
The main objective for HI in Ethiopia today is to better frame its perspective and make its fundraising plan more consistent. HI needs also to have a constant estimation of the balance between the political pressure of the authorities on our action and the respect of our mandate and ethics of intervention.
One critical element for the coming years is to ensure the respect of the ratio 20/80, as HI has to file for the renewal of its license every 3 years.
The project is focused on generating conclusive experience and change in the quality of life of people with disabilities by demonstrating the interaction and interdependence between advocacy for people with disabilities’ rights and practical efforts in supporting them obtain access to quality, inclusive services.
Under the responsibility of the HELASIA Project Manager, the Specialist will support quality of the activity and provide technical guidance for HI teams and partners in overall inclusion activities support to civil society, policy-making and inclusive local development in the 3 countries of project implementation (Benin-Rwanda-Ethiopia).
Your main responsibilities:
-You ensure the quality and impact of HI’s actions, the compliance with technical frameworks/project cycle, quality monitoring of project quality control indicators
-You ensure the overall technical coordination between HI-HELASIA and country-based technical teams
-You ensure respect of technical commitments by all countries and regular exchange of practices
-You promote HI approaches in Inclusion (Governance, health, education and livelihood) and advocacy through HELASIA related activities, advocacy, researches and policy influence.
- Starting date : 01/04/2020
- Length of the contract: 24 months
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 562,78 net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : Level 1 : 1 day per month
- Status : position open to couples/families/unaccompanied
- Housing : individual taken in charge by HI