Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Finnish Red Cross
Lieu de l'emploi : Freetown / Sierra Leone
Fichier : regional_finance_and_administration_delegate._cr_finoisedocx.docx
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Gestion financière
Date de publication : 26/05/2023
Date limite : 12/06/2023
What we expect from you
We look for a person with capacities and skills as follows:
- University degree in financial management, accounting, economics or business administration.
- Working experience in the fields of project financial planning and management
- Professional experience in financial management, project audits etc.
- Working experience in projects financed by European Union an asset
- Working experience with Red Cross/IFRC/ICRC an asset
- Experience in facilitation, training, and negotiation is an asset
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent inter-personal skills and good communicator
- Eye for detail while also minding the bigger picture
- Diplomatic and inter-cultural skills
- Ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and be flexible to changing work environments
- Fluent written and spoken English and French.
- National Society relations
- Results focused and accountability
- Analytical skills
- Managerial effectiveness
What we offer you:
You will be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization and multicultural professional team, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community. We offer you a chance to learn and grow as a professional with some of the best experts on the field.
We offer you a compensation package according to Finnish Red Cross terms of employment for international delegates. Compensation package includes salary based on your job description, accommodation, insurance package, travel and per diems. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and debriefings prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and psychosocial support are included in your assignment.
How to apply
For more information, please call FRC Head of International Finance, Jussi Lares tel. +358 40 643 3578, on Friday 2nd June between 9:00 and 10:00 am Finnish time (UTC/GMT +3 hours) or on Thursday 8th June between 15:00 and 16:00 pm Finnish time (UTC/GMT +3 hours).
To apply, kindly send your CV and a brief cover letter in English as soon as possible, but on Monday 12th June at the latest to email@example.com Mark your application “Regional Finance and Administration Delegate, Sierra Leone, FRC, Your name”.
The Finnish Red Cross is seeking a Regional Finance and Administration Delegate for the West Africa team. The position will be for two-years fixed-term and placed in Sierra Leone. Starting date is negotiable, preferably as soon as possible. Fluent written and spoken English and French is required. This regional position requires frequent travel within the region (Burundi, Niger, Burkina Faso).
The Regional Finance and Administration Delegate (RFAD) will work with the Finnish Red Cross (FRC) programme/project delegates and the National Society (NS) counterparts, enhancing the accountability and transparency of FRC-supported projects/programmes in the region. The RFAD will provide operational services and guidance for accurate and timely financial management, planning and reporting as well as financial risk management in programmes/ projects supported by FRC. Together with other FRC delegates, RFAD supports and advises the NSs in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the FRC supported programmes/projects with special regard to financial and administration issues.
For this specific RFAD position, we are looking at stationing the person in Sierra Leone, where there will also be a local finance staff working for FRC. The RFAD will also cover Burundi and Burkina Faso (bilateral cooperation between FRC and the National Society), and Niger (working through the Danish RC). This implies that this job requires frequent travelling – an estimated 4 visits per year to Burundi, 3 to Burkina and 2 to Niger. Hence, this position requires a perfectly bilingual person, French and English.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide operational services and guidance for accurate and timely financial planning, implementation and reporting in programmes/ projects supported by FRC, including quality assurance of partners’ financial reporting and preparation of financial reporting to back-donors
- Provide operational services and guidance for accurate and timely financial and risk management in programmes/ projects supported by FRC
- Provide finance development and capacity building support, as agreed with the NS and FRC HQ, to NS in the region in order to establish a solid cooperation and programme management framework
- Other duties and responsibilities
- Representation: As agreed with the Head of Region and Programme Delegates, represent FRC towards NS, IFRC, ICRC, PNS, other humanitarian partners, donors and other stakeholders at the country and region levels in all relevant forums where the presence of the FRC is desired/necessary. Represent FRC in technical discussion on finance management, administration and risk management.
- Partnership: In close collaboration with the Head of Region and other delegates strengthen the dialogue with the NS regarding present and possible future cooperation both in relation to development and relief interventions. When a new bilateral or multilateral funding proposal is developed, take lead and/or support the NS and/or other partner in preparation of budgets for funding applications. Contribute towards a well-functioning coordination mechanism with all relevant stakeholders at country level. Together with other delegates ensure that the partnership cooperation falls in line with the set agreements: MoUs and Project Contracts.
- Operations: In case of disaster situations, be available at short notice to provide necessary support to FRC programme delegates on the development of bilateral emergency funding proposals and the set up for their implementation. If necessary, provide in-country support to NS in the management of these operations for a limited period of time.
- General: Support the FRC regional teams on any other tasks assigned by the Head of Region and agreed with the FRC Head of International Finance and Adminstration. If necessary, be available to support and exchange experiences with other FRC regional teams.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.