Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Médecins du monde France
Site web : http://www.jobs.net/j/JYYXAskG?idpartenaire=220
Lieu de l'emploi : Baghdad / Iraq
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Gestion de projet
Date de publication : 18/09/2023
Date limite : 31/12/2023
Medical or paramedical or social science training
Bachelor's or Masters’ degree in medical or paramedical health fields, social sciences, psychology or psychiatry, science
Experience or expertise in project cycle management is an asset
Minimum 1 year of experience in programs in health, mental health or in harm reduction/drug use projects
Experience in methamphetamine/stimulants projects is an asset
Experience working in a humanitarian or developmental context
Knowledge of the current Iraqi humanitarian and developmental response architecture
Knowledge and experience within a Middle East context is an asset
Proven experience in partnership development and management
Proven experience in providing technical support to field teams
Solid experience of project planning, budget holding and proposal and report writing
Lived experience as an individual who uses drugs
Recovery coach certification (assistance can be provided to obtain)
Ability to work effectively with humans of diverse gender identities, races, ethnicities, ages,
sexual orientations, and drug use patterns, in a multicultural environment. This is a critical
component to the agency and the work that is done in the community.
Willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights and weekends)
Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Must demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and discretionary abilities
Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Languages: Fluent English and Arabic mandatory. Kurdish or French are an asset.
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In Iraq, MdM was involved in emergency, post-emergency and development programs. The MdM projects were to support health care including sexual and reproductive health access in Dohuk, Ninewa and Kirkuk governorates, mainly focusing on IDPs population and returnees. Psychosocial support and GBV activities have been introduced in all the projects. This includes:
- A combination of direct and complementary services, especially related to general health, sexual and reproductive health (SRH), while contributing to the health system strengthening through capacity building at DOH level
- Mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS)
- Gender based violence (GBV) integrated within the PHCC general health services, SRH and MHPSS services
After closure of the emergency clusters and shifting of the Iraqi context from emergency to development, MdM has decided to do an assessment in four governorates in Iraq at the beginning of 2023 on different health issues. The assessment result and secondary data showed the increasing numbers of drug usage in different governorates in Iraq and the relation of this usage to the public health issues in the country. For this reason MdM is willing to dig more in this topic to understand better about the substance use situation in Iraq and to provide the needed health support for this global topic.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the medical coordinator, you are contributing to build a harm reduction action plan in line with the overall MdM harm reduction strategy within the possible projects on Irak - Baghdad district, assuring technical support in the program definition through your assessments, reports, data collect and analysis and proposal writing.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Participate in writing the TOR for the deeper assessment and final report in Baghdad regarding methamphetamine use addiction
- Participate actively in the needs assessments
- Conduct individual and focus group discussion activities with people who inject drugs
- Collect, analyse, and facilitate the access to data to elaborate a program designing plan
- Produce timely progress reports
Program strategy and methodology
- Actively participate in building a 3-year methodology of operational research action
- Assist in achieving MdM and Harm Reduction program goals and additional responsibilities
- Ensure a proper documentation of the HR-DU activities using MdM documentation files
- Ensure that all necessary forms and questionnaires are properly completed and archived
- Ensure all necessary forms and data collection tools are safely stored and backed up
- Assist with outreach and HIV, HCV, HBV, and TB testing efforts
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth implementation of the activities
- Attend to coordination meetings, liaise with other substance use actors and represent MdM as required
- Build and maintain regular contact with other NGOs, partners and institutions
- Attend cluster and working group meetings
- Initiate and maintain a large network of relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Participate in assessments and service mapping
- Assist MdM in dealing with local authorities and local partners
- Translate verbal and written tools
- Collaborate in any field survey, data collection and needs assessment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Starting date: as soon as possible and until 24 February 2024
Gross monthly salary: 3362 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO